It's Tuesday.... I think I promised you pokemon...

And here they are.

I have to admit that it got to a point where I didn't have time to take pictures of each one, as I hurried for a bus after class, or to catch the next little critter I'd seen nearby... and then there were the swans.

Swans are not pokemon, but they are cute, and cygnets are fluffy. These ones were on the Australian National University grounds, possibly touring for their little ones' future education.



I was sick for Friday, and then wrote an essay most of Saturday and Sunday. Monday, I had an impromptu class to make up for one I wouldn't make later on due to a conference. Anyhow, here we go with the pokebits.

On Saturday, August 20, 2016, this little guy came to say goodnight...

 
 On Sunday, August 21, I went for a quick walk in the morning - there's an Ingress badge that requires you to hack a portal every day for 360 days - and our local portal is also a pokestop, so, of course, I had to catch these two before heading back to start my essay.




















Do you think the little blighters would leave me alone while I was settling down to write? Well, I fixed their little red wagons - after clearing these two off the keyboard, I turned off my phone.




















 After six hours or so, I took an essay break, and went for a very brief walk. Along the way, I found some more of the little critters. Professor Oak is gonna love these... 







































And then this one was waiting for me when I got home...


On Monday, I dropped my littlest one off at school, catching this one on the way...

 
 And this little monster kept trying to talk to me on the bus.. so I stuffed him in a pokeball and sent him off to the professor to learn better manners.


When I hit the city, things got really interesting. I saw a bunch of water pokemon, a couple of fighters, and yet more pidgeys. I guess someone heard last week's complaint about all the rattata.


























 Even, on campus, we had water pokemon... and yet more pidgeys, this time an evolved form: 


 




















And then there were the swans. I will do a post on the swans later this week. In the meantime, repeat after me: "Swans are not pokemon."


The big guy getting out of the water, is the daddy swan, and he was watching me... reeeally watching me...

I had to get to class, so I left, taking more pictures on the way, and then I had to get home.
I caught two more pokemon on the way home, and then found another one sitting on my chair!


I caught a lot of pokemon at the university, and some coming home on the bus, and some after I got home. Let's just say, I didn't have time to photograph them all. Here's a summary, in vaguely the order they were caught in (just work your way from the bottom to the top of each screen shot and you'll see where they overlap):

 





















 

There were more after I got home. On the way to do school pickup, a rattata tried to bar my way, and I found a few more critters lurking by the path... or in the middle of an oval, in the case of the seel...




 Of course, there just had to be some more intruders on my desk when I got back...


















... but, after they were cleared, I actually got some work done.

On Tuesday, I played Ingress on the way to class, and almost got my 10,000 steps done for the day - and then I Pokegoed most of the way home. I also met a friend who had been secretly playing, and we went for a walk together. I forgot to take photos, so here's a quick recap of what was caught between school drop-off and heading out for the bus.


There was pollyway and a zubat at the bus stop, but the zubat got bored while I was busy stuffing the pollywag into a ball, and left... at least, I think it was bored.


After that, things got really busy so I only have these summaries:





















I should add that the vulpix and psyduck hatched out of 5km eggs; the rest are legitimate catches from around ANU campus and the Mort Street bus stop, and from the short walk home.

To top the day out, I walked over 12,000 steps, finally caught my third over-sized magi-carp, and earned this:


I hope your weeks have been as profitable.
Happy hunting, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go