Progress Report Week 2 March


Not much progress this week. I spent a lot of time with the kids, and trying to catch up on some long-neglected household and garden chores, which could be neglected no longer. Sometimes I wonder if I’m not dedicated enough, and sometimes I wonder if I’ll ever get the balance of full-time work, baby-and-teenager-family stuff, study, sleep, garden and household bits right. I can see improvement, but it’s still not quite there. I may just end up trying to lay down 14,000 words every weekend instead and counting what gets done during a work week as a bonus. Anyhow, excuses aside, here’s what got done in Week 2 of March, 2012.

Current Projects:

These are in the current priority order, which represents the order I tackle things in any given day. I usually only get to the first two projects on this list on any given day. The order will change as contracts in the ‘on hold’ list are signed, edits and playtest deadlines received. The daily ‘quota’ is either 1,000 words or a full chapter revised.
CrimeNovel1: Has reached 58,000 words.
RomanceNovel1: Has reached 54,000 words.
Anthology1: is still at 8,000 words, but the new story for it reached 1,500 yesterday.
No progress was made on the following: Adventure2, DarkFantasy1, Novella1.

Projects on ‘Hold’:

All Projects-on-hold remain static.

Backburner Projects:

All Backburner Projects remain static.

New Arrivals:

These are ideas that occur to me while I work on other things. I write them down until I reach the point they require conscious, planned effort, and then stop and return to the project at hand.
YANovel6A: a dark-tinged contemporary fantasy series to do with stuffed toys.
RPGSetting3: light, playful… hopefully… setting consisting of a world of danger and darkness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go