Progress Report Week 2 April 2012


I’ve been working on the last short story for Anthology2. It’s nearly done, but I was surprised there were over 5,000 words to add for it to reach the point of near completion. I had originally thought it would come in at around 4,000 words. Mind you, that was twelve years ago. It is still moving towards the ending I envisioned then, but there is more story to tell than I realised. I have learned a lot about portraying feelings and character portrayal than I knew back then, so time had to be taken to get the characters right. When I started this story, it was about a battle and an evacuation. What I didn’t realise then was that the battle and the evacuation were secondary to the family conflicts faced by the three main characters involved. This story is much better than it would have been had I finished it in 1999, but it’s time for it to stop haunting me.

Current Projects:

These are in the current priority order, which represents the order I tackle things in any given day. I usually only get to the first two projects on this list on any given day. The order will change as contracts in the ‘on hold’ list are signed, edits and playtest deadlines received. The daily ‘quota’ is either 1,000 words or a full chapter revised.
Completed:
A slow week. Nil completed
On-Going:
CrimeNovel1: Nil progress.
RomanceNovel1: Nil progress.
ShortStory7: has reached 8,000 words, a total of 5,000 words added over the week, and it’s not been an easy write.
Hold Pending:
As these projects rely on outside permissions being received, they have not progressed. If the permissions are still outstanding at the end of the month, they will go on hold.
Adventures3 & 4: Round 2 of outline edits still with editor for approval. No go ahead has been given for the writing.
ShortStory1, Adventure2 and Project1: Contract still not returned by publisher for use of rules system.
Started:
Nil new projects started.

Projects on ‘Hold’:

All Projects-on-hold remain static.

Backburner Projects:

All Backburner Projects remain static.

New Arrivals:

These are ideas that occur to me while I work on other things. I write them down until I reach the point they require conscious, planned effort, and then stop and return to the project at hand.

RPGSetting4: paranormal, contemporary, urban fantasy with a conservation twist. This setting will also form the backdrop for a series of novels, probably adult as opposed to young adult. Setting, background and first steps in development arrived yesterday and have been captured so I can focus on them later. I can adventure potential here, but the characters are yet to be uncovered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go