Achievements in my first 7 months of being an Indie



And what, some want to know, have I achieved in the last ‘almost-seven’ months as a new indie:
·         4 anthologies released (made up of the stories and poems below)
·         25 short stories released (17 edited, 6 new, 2 completed, a total of 19,000 new words)
·         7 poems released (7 edited)
·         7 poems awaiting release (1 edited, 6 new, a total of 1,000 new words)
·         2 novels released (2 completed, a total of 34,000 new words)
·         11 tween chapter books edited and awaiting release (all pre-written)
·         21 covers designed (not including one outsourced; 4 covers ‘retired’)
·         5 b&w illustrations created
·         1 roleplaying adventure proposal submitted (total of 1,000 new words).
·         2 novellas released (2 edited, total of 4,000 new words)
Is it a lot? I don’t know. Maybe not if I was writing full-time, but holding down a day job and running a family? Who knows. This year will show another set of figures. Maybe I’ll have a better idea in June. Ask me then.
Sales?
In 7 months: 38, with over half occurring in the last two months (November and December 2012).
Is it worth it?
YES!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marrietta and the Wreck of the Partying Plesiosaur – A response to Chuck Wendig’s terribleminds blog flash fiction challenge: The Epic Game of Aspects Redux

Free Read: Forest Connections

Bright Stars Gone to Black: A response to the Chuck Wendig terribleminds flash fiction challenge