Goal Achieved: Looking Ahead



I’ve reached 500,00 words worth of revised and published projects… and now the real work begins. I have published my last completed novel and short story, and have only two more pre-written chapter books to go.

At the beginning of this year, I thought I would have trouble publishing and writing 500,000 words. This tally does not include words produced for blogs, and it’s not about to. Somehow, in the last six months, I reached that goal. Now, I’m going to try to get to 750,000 words by the end of the year… and I’m not sure I can.

The maths says I should writing 2,500 words, minimum to reach this goal, but I know I have already 120,000 words, which means I can probably drop that target to a minimum of 1,500 a work day. I also need to try and get a little more sleep, and to make sure I exercise regularly. If I don’t, the words don’t flow well, or only trash will come out. I can’t afford for either to happen—and I can’t afford to get sick again. Guess only time will tell.

Goals to help achieve this? They look a little like this:

6 chapter books (12-30k);
4 short stories for An Anthology of Blades (8-20k);
1 annual (hard to say, somewhere between 40-100k);
1-2 Madeleine Torr novels (60-120k);
1 short story and poetry collection (approx. 80k);
1 anthology (approx. 40k);
Other projects (approx. 120k);
1-2 novels (80-200k)

I think it’s a big ask, but I guess I can only try and see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go