Australian Birds: Silver-Eyes (Zostraps lateralis)

These little guys spent several weekends in cahoots with some tiny thornbills and a scarlet robin, tantalising me. It was like they dared me to come out and try to take their picture. Well, I met their dare, and they set me even more challenges for the future.

The first thing you'll notice about these little guys is the fact they have a distinctive white ring around their eyes.


They also have a cute bit of yellow on their head and face, and they're very alert.


I think they watched me almost as much as I watched them, but it didn't stop them from going about their everyday birdy business.


Camera? Schwamera. When you gotta scratch, you just gotta scratch.


They like bushes with dense foliage. Since they eat nectar, berries and fruit, I think they were checking this one out for a nest.


And this little guy was just trying to warm up on a cold winter's day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go