Lessons from the Story Match, #1
- The June 30 warm-up story titled The Library of Atlantis is linked to his Poker Boy world.
- The July 1 story, The Case of the Dead Lady Blues, was quickly identified as being a Pilgrim Hugh story.
- The July 2 story, The Bad Patch of Human Interest, and the July 6 story, A Matter for a Future Year, he discovered to be part of his Seeders universe.
- The July 3 story, They Were Divided by Cold Debt, he found to be part of his Bryant Street subdivision setting.
- The July 4 story, The Problem of Grapevine Springs, ended up being part of his time-travel western setting Thunder Mountain.
- The July 5 story, Best Eaten on a Slow Tuesday, seems to have been a stand-alone.
- It only helps a little bit to have the setting in your head, when the setting is in the formative stages of its development;
- It is easier to write when you have the setting in your head AND a character that you have worked with before.