Progress Report: Week 2, January 3-9, 2016
This week, I changed things up a bit. In the first couple of challenge weeks I confirmed I don’t do so well writing more than 2,000 words on one project at a single sitting, so this week I experimented to see if I could find a working method that works for me and still allows me to achieve the goals I need to achieve. I also knew that at the end of this week the books I needed to pre-read for my university courses would arrive, and that everything would change next week—but in a way that would be more realistic for the university year. I also had to focus more on publishing, as writing the stories is one thing, but getting them out to my readers is completely another. Hate to admit that publishing took up most of my time, this week.
Story-A-Week Challenge Update
- ShortStory508—Lord of the Vortex: reached 4,045 words and is now under submission;
Holiday Extension Challenge Update
- Poem702—Advice for Rabbits: a speculative piece about living life to the full – rabbit or not;
- Poem703—No Man’s Prey: a fantasy poem about mermaids;
- ShortStory630—Lakeside Dining: a piece of urban fantasy flash fiction featuring an Australian shape-shifter
- ShortStory631—Troll-Hunting and the Rain: a piece of urban fantasy flash fiction about trolls and the rain.
- Chapbook5F: Rocky and the Raptors—Rocky has a close encounter with the raptors of Tallona.