Progress Report: Week 3, January10-17, 2016
After last week’s change of routine, led to less writing than I’d anticipated, I worked to adjust my routine a little more. I focused on getting 10,000 steps done in the morning, and that worked out all right until the 38 degree celsius day hit. I also found that on days when I took long walks in the morning, I struggled to get into the rest of the day, although this was more due to the heat than the exercise. It’s very hard to write when the temperatures reach 28-38 degrees Celsius (82.4-100.4 degrees Farenheit) or more. (We have no air-conditioning, you see.)
- I would finish the chapter books I had started AND try to finish another two, including the one I hadn’t got to starting last week;
- I would still try to write or complete a short story, but only after I’d made a dent in the chapter books;
- I would get started on the publishing process for the first book due in March, since that book is going to be another big job, taking up most of a week.
- I would try to complete another ten poems and ten pieces of flash for the collections coming out later this year;
- I would read at least one of the books of required pre-reading for university;
- I would maintain my walking, but would allow a rest day after 2-3 days of longer walks.
- To walk for 5/7 days of the week with 2 rest days on Wednesday and Thursday due to heat and publishing constraints;
- Completed Chapbook5C—Rocky Rides the Space Range from Week 2, December 2015 AND completed its cover, pre-edits, base formats and relevant release announcements;
- Completed Chapbook14J—Legacy of Hearts from Week 1, January 2016 AND completed its cover, pre-edits, base formats and relevant release announcements;
- Completed ShortStory483—Headlines from the Starman (was The Royal Starman in the Moon): which reached 3,669 words and is currently under submission;
- Started Chapbook5D—Rocky Touches Down, including completing the outline and starting the text.
- completing Chapbook5D—Rocky Touches Down and maybe starting another chapbook;
- completing a short story;
- completing as much of the pre-order editing, formatting and upload of work ready for publishing;
- continuing a minimum of an hour’s walk a day with one or two rest days as required
Story-A-Week Challenge Update
- ShortStory483—Headlines from the Starman (was Royal Starman in the Moon): reached 3,669 words and is now under submission;
Holiday Extension Challenge Update
- Chapbook5C—Rocky Rides the Space Range: completed at 13,897 words, and now scheduled for release February 19, 2016;
- Chapbook14J—Legacy of Hearts: completed at 7,800 words, and now scheduled for release May 20, 2016.
- Created 5 blog posts for this blog;
- Created 4 blog post for the C.M. Simpson Publishing blog;
- Created 2 blog post for the C.M. Simpson Art and Photography blog;
- YANovel28 (Dragons of the First Moon): about Elita and Rocky and the dragons of the First Moon.