I Went for a Walk... in Forde, at the Water-Quality Ponds Park

So, sometime in January, when I was learning how to play ingress, I went for a walk in Forde. I'll have to go again, because there's a few things I didn't photograph - like the picnic area and the area as a whole, but this is an example of the little nooks tucked away in Australia's capital city, Canberra.

One of the things about Canberra is that it's full of trees. You might wonder how the 2003 bushfires could have been so devastating, but the whole capital is full of trees. It's beautiful.


 It also has a way of making utilitarian areas, like these water quality ponds, pleasant places for picnics and play.


Here's a close-up of the sign, above.


... and of the what's on the sign - a map of the area.


Of course, just because they were designed as public spaces, in a bushfire prone city, doesn't always mean they are well-maintained... 

This shot looks across Mulligan's Flat Road from Forde, into the neighbouring suburb of Bonner.


... and has another sign explaining what it's all about.


 - the water-quality ponds, of course - and why they are important.


This is another section of the ponds, again looking into Bonner. Take a good look at the sandstone carvings on the left.


Here's a close-up of the sandstone carvings.


This little nook was, of course, about the plants.


I've noticed there's a lot I've missed from this trip - it was my first time documenting things... and I was kind of distracted by ingress, so I'll go back and take some more photos to include the barbecue area, the children's playground, and a couple of other statues and cultural signs that are out there.

In the meantime, I hope you've enjoyed the glimpse of this little hidden park.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go