Changed my routine, this week. This cost me in walking, but profited in writing. It’s not a good trade-off as a week of very much reduced walking is showing adverse effects. Note to self: find a middle ground.
- New words produced: 32,504
- Old words revised: 0
- Outlines and Notes: 0
- Works completed: 20 (17 short for inclusion in longer collections, 3 short to be published stand-alone, as well);
- Works revised: 0
- Covers created: 0
- Works published: 0
- Works submitted: 0
- Competitions Entered: 2 (4 and 3 entries respectively)
- Bloggery: 0
- University Prep and Assignments: 0
Story-A-Week Catch-Up Challenge Update
- This Year’s Starfish was a fantasy short story started on July 22, 2015, as part of the 2015 Story Match Challenge. It was not finished until October 17, 2016. It is 8,878 words long. This Year’s Starfish is scheduled for release on June 16, 2017.
- Just a Dinosaur was started on October 17, 2016, and completed the next day. It is a dark rural urban fantasy set in Australia, that ended up being 8,429 words long. Just a Dinosaur is scheduled for release on June 30, 2017.
- The Years of Voyage is a science fiction short story started on July24, 2015, as part of the 2015 Story Match Challenge. It was not finished until October 17, 2016, when it reached 5,931 words in length. The Years of Voyage is scheduled for release on July 14, 2017.
Stepping Up Challenge Update
- Languages: Russian continues at a slow pace.
- Non-Fiction Reading: has continued for classes only.
Ingress Updates (and Pokemon Go, too)
- No new challenges for me, but a new badge turned up this week:
- Created 0 blog posts for this blog;
- Updated royalty records
- Updated tax records
- Updated sales and platform records, and began rudimentary analysis of trends
- Released Melerom Leads the Dance on all platforms:
- FF596—Harrum Scarum: a science fiction piece about finding a partner in the colonies;
- FF597—Interview with a Dragon: a fantasy piece about seeking sanctuary;
- FF598—When the Trees Speak: a rural urban fantasy piece about unexpected sanctuary;
- FF599—Jantani and the Swirl: a science fiction piece about a crashing starship;
- FF600—Troll Rot Fever: a post-apocalyptic piece inspired by zombies and plague and surviving;
- FF601—An Unexpected Adventure: a rural urban fantasy piece of flash set in the Australian bush and the world of pixie dust;
- FF602—Wolf Pact: a piece of science fiction flash set in the universe of the Lunar Wolves;
- FF603—The Not-So-New Recruit: a piece of science fiction about recruiting in a future force;
- Poem823—From the Starship to the Spaceport: a science fiction poem about journeys and discovery;
- Poem824—The Masked: a science fiction poem about the reasons we keep our natures hidden;
- Poem825—When the Mountains Cry: a science fiction-fantasy blend about seasonal trading;
- Poem826—The Guardian Flags: a fantasy poem about enchanted flags;
- Poem827—Dark Stars’ Lure: a science fiction poem dealing with supernatural forces;
- Poem828—Star-Lit Salvation: a science fiction poem that traces the path of a conflict and its survivors;
- Poem829—The Scent of Home: a fantasy poem that looks at a territorial misunderstanding;
- Poem830—The Escape Clause: a science fiction poem about a long war, a defeat, and hope;
- Poem831—Beneath the Full Moon: a fantasy poem in the form of a rondeau about a werewolf;
- ShortStory73—This Year’s Starfish: a fantasy short story about fish, and a journey to achieve a dream;
- ShortStory74—Just a Dinosaur: a dark urban fantasy blending science fiction with legend and an Australian bush setting;
- ShortStory75—The Years of Voyage: a dark science fiction story to do with colonisation, the plague and legacies left by the past