Progress Report: Week 1 October, 2017

This report is actually going out on time. It’s been a busy week, and, with exams approaching, it’s only going to get busier. This is what happened the week just gone.
 

Week 1 Progress

  • New words produced: 67 + poetry and flash handwritten in notebook
  • Outlines and Notes: Nil
  • Works completed: 14 (7 poems, 7 flash fiction)
  • Works edited: 1 (CS initial edit for Army Boots & Stilettos)
  • Covers created: 0 (CS format done for Army Boots & Stilettos)
  • Works published: 0
  • Works submitted: 0
  • Competitions Entered: 0
  • Bloggery: 1,829
  • University Prep and Assignments: 3,392

Writing News


The week just gone saw me trying to complete a second assessment item. Unfortunately, it proved more complex than expected, so, although I completed the words required, with 30-40 references in place, I’m not completely happy with the result, and have decided to go over it this week to see if I can tweak it into something more satisfactory. I also completed the initial edit and format of Army Boots & Stilettos, but want to give it one more going over before I complete the upload to CreateSpace.

Of last week’s priorities, I completed all of them, but not to the level I wanted, so I’ll be tweaking the second assessment item this week, and also giving the CreateSpace version of Army Boots & Stilettos another going over before finalising the upload. I did complete seven pieces of flash fiction, seven poems, and seven drawings for Inktober, while keeping up with my lesson commitments for the week, so priorities completed.

June-July Challenge: Babes in London


No advances on this, this week, but I’ll be adding another instalment to it, soon.

NOTE: This adventure is not sanctioned in any way, shape or form by Fantasy Flight. It is not an official product, and I am in no way affiliated with them or they with me. There is no relationship between us. This adventure is mine, for fun, and for you, because some of you asked me to finish it.

Also, if you like this adventure and want to play it, please go buy the official rulebooks from somewhere where the original creators and publisher of the setting will be paid. I got mine from a Melbourne game store, but I’ve found PDF versions of the Player's Handbook and the Gamemaster's Handbook are now available from DriveThruFiction. If you enjoy their world, this is the best way to thank them.




Ingress Updates


This week’s Ingress consisted of what I could manage to get done on the way to and from university, and the absolute minimum on the weekend. I didn’t even keep up with my walking commitments this week, as I pushed to get assessment pieces done, before a family visit. Even so, I managed to complete 100 fields for the first tier of the EXO5 off-site medal. It’s going to be the only tier of this medal I achieve, but it’s done.


PokemonGo Updates


This week’s PokemonGo received even less attention than this week’s ingress. I evolved a new addition to the Johto region pokedex, and managed to keep up with the daily spin, but that was all.























Other News


In addition to everything else, I had a family visit to prep for, and a minor bout of gastro to deal with, but life goes on. My flash fiction and poetry pieces have been Inktober themed, and I was intending to post them each day, but it didn’t happen. I will try to do better this week. In the meantime, here are my #Inktober sketches - given I haven't picked up a pen, or done any sketches in years, they're not great, but they're not a bad start. There's a good reason I'm a writer :-)















And what did I learn? Well, I'm not an artist... yet, and maybe never - and I need a LOT of practice. Am I going to give up on Inktober? No - you have hours of laughter ahead.

Priorities for Week 2, October 2017


This week’s priorities are as follows:
  • Complete the second essay-in-lieu-of-exam
  • Prep for classes
  • Manage 1 hour of walking a day
  • Complete the CreateSpace edit and upload
  • Write 1 piece of flash fiction each day
  • Write 1 piece of poetry each day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go