First Words—August 31, 2018—Mack ‘n’ Me: The Wolves of Alpha 9

Today’s words are done for Mack ‘n’ Me: The Wolves of Alpha 9. They took longer than I’d like, but I kept getting ideas and scenes for another project which needed to be recorded as they came, since ideas don’t like to hang around and they refuse to be called back. I’ve also run through the final edit for September’s short story, and should be able to finalise that tomorrow. Right now, I’ll post this, and I’ll be off to do some reading to familiarise with a new setting for a short story submission.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“You weren’t expected,” said the man holding my blaster, and I took a good long look at him.
Dark-haired, brown eyed, a little taller than most, and pretty well built, he stood like a fighter, not a soldier. I was willing to bet he moved more like Tens than a Marine. And I was pretty darned sure he’d be hard to drop on his ass… and that was without the blaster. With the blaster, I had no chance, because he’d shoot me first.

His eyes told me that, and his face backed it up. I waited for him to get on with explaining what he meant. He seemed to be waiting for me to ask him something else. That was not how I was going to play the game.
It took him a minute to get the message, but then, he sighed.
“I don’t suppose you’ll tell me what you were doing down here…”
I looked at him.
“Like I said: It’s your house.”
His lips twitched, but he wasn’t amused.
“You’re the guest. Why don’t you introduce yourself?”
He made a fair point, except…
“I didn’t ask to be invited.”
Someone sighed behind me, and I was up and out of the seat, before I’d turned round.
I almost made it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Would you like to read more? 

The first three books and two short stories in the Mack ‘n’ Me ‘n’ Odyssey series: Mack ‘n’ Me: Origins, The Depredides Dance, Mack ‘n’ Me: Blaedergil’s Host, Mack ‘n’ Me: Arach and Cloud Door, are also available. The fourth book, Mack ‘n’ Me: The Transporter’s Favour will release shortly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go