Wednesday’s Verse—Will You?

This week’s verse moves from fantasy to something maybe a bit more suited to a futuristic Valentine's Day Eve. It is taken from Another 365 Days of Poetry, a collection of mixed-genre poetry to be released later in the year, once both collection and cover are complete.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will You?


Didja wanna go out wiv me?
Didja? Didja?
Do ya wanna come see a movie?
Do ya?
Will ya walk wiv me awhile?
Just a little way.
Maybe just a little mile?
And will ya smile?

Well, will you?

I’ve come a very long way since then,
since when we ran in bare feet,
from shadow to shadow down the burning summer street.
I’ve been to university, seen the stars,
served my planet, helped stop wars,
and all that time, my mind turned back
to those times when I’d wait to walk with you
all the way to school,
and back again,
to spend a little time with you,
where you wouldn’t be hassled by parents, or teased by friends,
and I thought that, maybe,
just before I went away,
you liked to see me by the gate,
that you never left your door unless you saw me there,
pretending to see if there was any mail,
when the postman hadn’t been,
or looking like I had to tie my shoe.

I know. I tried all kinds of different times,
and you always came rushing out,
if I started down the path alone,
and you were late on any day that I delayed.

So will you?

Go out with me, tonight?
And tell me I wasn’t dreaming,
in those younger times,
that I wasn’t wrong,
and that you waited, just for me,
because that coincidental path to school,
was the only time our friends and parents let us be?

Will you?



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find the first two poetry collections at the links below - although there are plans to reissue them with more genre-appropriate covers in the future. The third collection will be released later in the year.
books2read.com/u/mVLQZb
books2read.com/u/bxgyLd





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go