Wednesday's Verse - The Play-Dead Pixie

This week’s verse moves from a science fiction poem about a hero returned from war to an urban-fantasy verse where a pixie's joke goes sour. It is taken from Another 365 Days of Poetry, a collection of mixed-genre poetry released in 2019.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Play-Dead Pixie


The pixie in the cherry tree

did not look alive to me

until he stirred, gave me a wink

then closed his eyes before I could blink.

What are you doing, I thought to say

but then all my words went far away

For a dragon landed by the tree

looked at the pixie, looked at me

What, pray tell, does he think to do

playing dead, and in the cherry, too?

I don’t know, I started to say

perhaps he just likes to play

The dragon glared, the pixie knew

his ruse was rumbled

so away he flew.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find the first two poetry collections at the links below - although there are plans to reissue them with more genre-appropriate covers in the future. The third collection will be released later in the year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go