Farming, Flipping & Escaping an Archelite Attack - Gameplay from the Week Just Gone

Some of you might think I spend all day writing...you know, 24/7...and that maybe I don't have a life.

 You could be right, but did you ever consider that this IS my life? That I LOVE to write?

Well, it's true, but I also need down-time, and I need to give the writing part of my head time to work out plot kinks and new story, while the other part of my head is occupied with something else...and then there are the days I feel down, or need a break, or just have to shut the world out for a while, or need to deal with a bout of depression I can't shift by making story. For that, I game.

Mind you, I also love to game, and I enjoy exploring the worlds and stories of others in a more interactive way than reading, so I poke a lot of different genres - not all of which are reflected in what's listed below...although that will slowly change.

Why did I start a Youtube channel, you ask? The answer to that is both simple and complex.

The simplest answer is that my youngest wants to make videos when they're old enough. For that, they'll be asking me a ton of questions that, until a year ago, I didn't have a hope of answering. Now, I do.

There's also the aspect of being able to share my stories in a different way, which I'm only just starting to discover. That's a journey that's going to take me down roads I'd never have thought to travel...and may not have discovered, but it has a fairly steep learning curve attached, too. I'll share that in another post.

Interesting times and a multitude of adventures lie ahead. In the meantime, these are the ones I undertook in the last week:

In Pumpkin Days (a farming sim) my character got to hunt insects for the museum, run errands for her friends, visit the market, and try cooking for profit:




In House Flipper, where I tried to renovate houses to satisfy particular clients in a sort of renovation puzzle...or an exercise in frustration (take your pick :-) ):




And, lastly, but by no means least, in a new series of Edge of Eternity, where I got to follow the adventures of Daryon, a young conscript who must choose between serving his planet or saving his family.

If you ever wondered what a writer might do in their down-time, or to rest and refresh so the words keep flowing, this is one of the hobbies they might try...even if it is only story-making of a different kind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go