Words from Day 21 of Writing - Lunar Wolves: The Unwanted

With the contract work completed twelve days ahead of schedule, I took a couple of days to work out which way was  up and what, of a multitude of publishing tasks I needed to do first...or next...or something...and then I eased back into the words.

Starting Words: 79,619

Finishing Words: 80,645    

Words Written: 1,026

Other Words: 0

Other Project/Project Aspects Advanced: 1

Excerpt: In which Oliver and Lewis discover they aren't the only shifters in the room:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Korazon’s form rippled back to human, his spacer’s coveralls intact.

“I am lizardine,” he stated, his expression turned bland as he looked past the wolves to the woman standing behind them. “I’m sorry to have startled you, Belle.

She shrugged. “It’s not like you could have told me.”

She sighed. “I could do with a shower and a change of clothes.”

Looking up at Oliver, she laid a hand on his hip. “You need a shower, too.”

“I need a change of clothes,” he told her, and Korazon turned and walked from the room.

When he returned, he was carrying two familiar packs. “With Rohim’s compliments,” he told them, setting down the packs. “I take it you can carry them to your quarters.”

Oliver arched a brow. “Are you telling us to go to our rooms?” he asked, and Korazon gave him a drop-jawed smile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks must go to my cover artists, from left to right: Mihaela Voicu, Jake at JCaleb Design, and Moonchild Ljilja at Fantasy Book Design.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go