Extract 29 from This Month's New Release: Pixie Dust Dreaming (C.M.'s Collections #7)

Pixies, trolls and urban policing, things got interesting when the Otherworld renewed its connection to ours. A new suite of crimes sprang into existence overnight…and a new breed of officer had to be found to combat them. This volume brings together all the stories, so far published, of the officers in the Paranormal Operations Squad…and the world in which they strive to maintain the peace.

Here's the twenty-ninth entry in this month's release of Pixie Dust Dreaming, the 7th collection in my Collections series, which released on the 4th. Links to the collection can be found at: https://books2read.com/u/mY6xvP.

Thieving Pixies

Written on March 1, 2014, this piece was inspired by the distant scolding screeches of red-rumped parrots, and trolls, of course. Don’t forget the trolls… or the pixies. My head is full of them. It first appeared as the March 1st entry in 365 Days of Flash Fiction.

Outside, birds are screeching, little screeches, like they’re scolding, like they’re small parrots, not those noise-making kings, the sulphur-crested cockatoos. I search beyond my window with careful eyes. Foliage blocks my view of the bridge, but the screeching stops. It is overcast, drizzling slightly; trolls could still venture out. I see a flash of movement in the trees by my back fence, hear twittering laughter, and smile. The pixies are playing amongst the sheltering leaves, stealing my plums. No wonder the parrots are annoyed. I smile and go back to washing my dishes; I’d rather pixies over trolls any day.

...

Similar stories to this can be found in the Pixie Dust Dreaming collection.

 


Cover art is by Jake at JCaleb Design, and links to Pixie Dust Dreaming can be found on Books2Read at: https://books2read.com/u/mY6xvP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go