WiP - Another 366 Days of Poetry: Celebrating a Thousand Words of Poetry

 In May, I decided to challenge myself to doing a thousand words of poetry a day. It's a lot harder than it sounds, is all I can say. I wrote this to celebrate the first day of success, not knowing how many more days there would be.


A thousand words of poetry

And my soul fills with strange joy

At the sweet delight of melding words

Into rhythm without ploy


A thousand words of poetry,

And this is but Day One

Of experimenting With the different forms

In which such verse may come


A thousand words of poetry

And I did not think I’d make it through

The first day of this small attempt

To stretch syllabic acrobatics

O’er more than a verse or two.

 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go