WiP - Another 366 Days of Poetry: Red Wine Recalls

 I like to try and poetry from the perspective of someone else, someone looking at something a different way...or trying to write away a memory they'd rather not have. While I initially had a fantasy setting in mind for this piece, it could be set anywhere, from a space station to a 1980s pub. It's the character dealing with the memory and its trigger that is central, here.



Red Wine Recalls


Red wine in the glass

Glistens like blood upon the ground

Brings to mind the carnage

That I not too long ago have found

 

My fingers tremble

And, handshaking, I set the wine glass down

My stomach rolls uncomfortably

And I turn my gaze to the floor above

 

The memories, they linger

My find, my loss…my love

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go