Projects Under Way: PictureBook1


I have completed revising a children’s picture book I wrote almost twenty years ago. This triggers the next part of my learning curve: Where do I find artists/illustrators willing to illustrate a children’s picture book that’s going to be independently published? How much do they charge? Do I break up the text, or does the artist decide what selection of words suits their pictures best? Would it be better to co-create and split the royalties 50/50 with the artist? Would it be better if I waited before launching this side of my author name until I had developed my artistic skills to the standard require? (I do have the time.) How does this side of independent publishing work?

Anyone know? Anyone have an idea or opinion?

Will I give a taster? Not yet. Not until I decide if the book is going up somewhere in the next three months. The only thing I will say, is that this is the story of a little-girl’s first day at school and how she finds the courage to face it and make friends. It can be more broadly identified as a contemporary paranormal fantasy picture book, but I don’t think we apply such labels to picture books. This one stands at 702 words in length.

As with the rest of my work, I’m looking at seeing this one fly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go