Progress Report Week 1 April 2012


Not much progress this week. Real Life has been busy, but I have been a bit more disciplined in my approach so I’ve achieved more this week than I did last week. I’m working through my older completed work and revising it as part of preparing it for upload.

I have also worked out that it will take three months before I can get my passport notarised for an ITIN, as I’m moving to a different position at work for the next three months. The rest of the paperwork is ready and set aside. Once it’s submitted it could take up to two months to be approved. I’m not risking the EIN route as I’m not becoming an employer.

I figure I have three to five months before its worth uploading to an author account at Smashwords or Kindle, which is three to five months of writing.

My goal is to complete five anthologies by then. Since most of them will need at least one piece written or completed, it’s not as much of a given as it might sound. In addition, I want to have my dark fantasy trilogy rewritten, and RomanceNovel1 and CrimeNovel1 completed.

The theory behind working my way through the older pieces first is that, if I had started this venture as a brand new writer, then the progress from early work to later work would have been clear. The anthologies and trilogy will cover most of the major work from earlier times, giving some simulation of author advancement.

After that, I will have caught up to myself and progression will be clear. So, without further ado, here’s the progress report for the first week of April.

And, yes, you’ll start to see more focus on a single piece at a time, as I iron out the work and home balances.

Current Projects:

These are in the current priority order, which represents the order I tackle things in any given day. I usually only get to the first two projects on this list on any given day. The order will change as contracts in the ‘on hold’ list are signed, edits and playtest deadlines received. The daily ‘quota’ is either 1,000 words or a full chapter revised.
Completed:
ShortStory2: was completed for Anthology1 at 5,006 words.
ShortStory4: was completely revised for Anthology1 at 3,683 words.
ShortStory5: was completely revised for Anthology1 at 2,988 words.
Poem1: was completely revised for Anthology1 at 18 lines.
Poem2: was completely revised for Anthology1 at 18 lines.
Anthology1: is complete at 13,697 words.
ShortStory3: was completely revised for Anthology2 at 2,976 words.
ShortStory6: was completely revised for Anthology2 at 5,424 words.
ShortStory8: was completely revised for Anthology2 at 1,080 words.
Poem3: was completely revised for Anthology2 at 8 lines.
Poem4: was completely revised for Anthology2 at 39 lines.
Poem5: was completely revised for Anthology2 at 14 lines.
On-Going:
CrimeNovel1: Nil progress.
RomanceNovel1: Nil progress.
Hold Pending:
As these projects rely on outside permissions being received, they have not progressed. If the permissions are still outstanding at the end of the month, they will go on hold.
Adventures3 & 4: Round 2 of outline edits still with editor for approval. No go ahead has been given for the writing.
ShortStory1, Adventure2 and Project1: Contract still not returned by publisher for use of rules system.
Started:
Anthology2: a compilation of early short stories, has reached 10,000 words.
Anthology6: a brand new compilation in short entries written daily over a year, and meant to be read one entry at a time throughout the year, or as slow or as fast as the reader pleases.
ShortStory7: rewrite complete, now the ending must be crafted. Story is currently at 3,500 words.

Projects on ‘Hold’:

All Projects-on-hold remain static.

Backburner Projects:

All Backburner Projects remain static.

New Arrivals:

These are ideas that occur to me while I work on other things. I write them down until I reach the point they require conscious, planned effort, and then stop and return to the project at hand.

None this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go