First Paragraphs: Screams for the Dying

Screams for the Dying is a short story exploring the place of mythical creatures in science fiction. How does one immortal kill another? What interest could a banshee have in a single mortal child and why would they defend them? And why does a banshee scream?




I had lived here from childhood to my thirtieth year but, in spite of the wattle dancing on the breeze and the eucalyptus-scented air that brushed across my skin, I knew I no longer belonged. My nostrils remembered the faint fizz of Kelfa blossoms from the sun-drenched planet of Bolan, and my eyes recalled the darkness of subterranean living on the asteroid of Quorbet.

Screams for the Dying is the last short story in the fourth Simpson Anthology-An Anthology of Worlds.

 
can be found in
















An Anthology of Worlds was released mid-September 2012. It is available from Amazon, Smashwords and DriveThruFiction.













 .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go