Chuck Wendig Challenge: Random Sentence

This Week's Challenge

So, my random sentence for this challenge is: Should the mum divert the drill?

And now I have 1,000 words to play with, and a deadline of 15 March 2013.

The Why behind the Challenge

So, why, when time is so short, am I back to undertaking these challenges again?
  • Because I miss them;
  • Because I can;
  • Because they're fun;
  • Because they challenge me to try something different;
  • Because, when I was going through the work published last year, the pieces created for the Wendig challenges were amongst the better pieces produced;
  • Because I get to see how others tackle the problem and learn from them;
  • Because I get to hang, even if it's only virtually, with a bunch of other writers; 
  • Because, with a little time management and prioritization, they're achievable within the timeframe set;
  • And because the challenges make me write, and complete, something every week.
Seriously, as a tool for actively working to develop your craft, these challenges, or something very similar, are a good way to start. I'd recommend giving them a go. And for those of you who have trouble completing what you start, or need practice meeting deadlines, well, here's one way to practice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go