New Cover: C.M. Simpson: Short Stories and Poems from 2013, Volume 1

This is the new cover for the first volume of this year's collection of works created or prepared for publication in 2013.




Rather than just repeat the covers of the published short stories for a quilt-like effect (as I did last year), I decided I wanted a background and just a few of the elements from the other covers, and to do that, I needed a background that would allow me to tie the covers of the two volumes together.

Usually, I go to Dreamstime, but I had seen a photograph on Facebook by Greta van der Rol. It encapsulated what I had in mind. My only regret is that I couldn't show more of it, but you can find the whole photograph, here.

Covers from the short stories incorporated in this collection are as follows. As you can see, not every story could be represented.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go