Progress Report: Week 3 November 15-21, 2015
This was the first week after university ended—a week I’d set aside for catching up with everything I knew would have to go by the wayside if I was to hit the assessments right, and went okay. I started putting in 3,000 words on my NaNo novel instead of the usual 2,000, and discovered that 2,000 was my comfort point for a day’s work on a single project, even with an outline. I caught up on housework, but there’s still a ways to go, and I kicked off my walking program… again. Honestly, who’da thunk it would be so hard to just go for a half hour walk in the morning and evening of every day? It’s like trying to write a poem and a piece of flash each day—not as easy as it sounds. I also started in on the garden, although forgot to take pictures, and I even continued with attempting to develop a sleep pattern, which is not easy when your partner is a shift-worker. All in all, a good week, and a good way to start working on that whole life-balance thing I keep hearing about.
- Annual25A—C.M. Simpson: Short Stories and Poems from 2014, Vol. 1: changed publication date to January 2016; it was December 2015.
- Annual25B—C.M. Simpson: Short Stories and Poems from 2014, Vol. 2: changed publication date to March 2016; it was December 2015.
- Annual25C—C.M. Simpson: Short Stories and Poems from 2014, Vol. 3: changed publication date to May 2016, was December 2015
- SciFanNovel1A—Freeman’s Choice: changed publication date to July 2015; it was November 2015
- Annual27—366 Days of Poetry: changed the publication date to September 2017, was January 2016
- Annual28—366 Days of Flash Fiction: changed the publication date to November 2016. was January 2016
- Created 6 blog posts for this blog;
- Created 1 blog post for the C.M. Simpson Art and Photography blog;
- Poem651—My Shoes are On: a short horror poem about shoes, feet and faces;
- Poem652—Parking Lot Shades: a horror poem about the shadows in the parking lot;
- Poem653—In the Silence, In the Dark: an urban horror poem about being stalked in the dark;
- ShortStory611—Obedience: a piece of flash fiction about obedience;
- ShortStory612—To a Candle: a piece of speculative flash fiction about hunters and the hunted;
- ShortStory613—Shadows of Glass: a piece of speculative horror flash fiction about the threat of shadows);
- ShortStory614—Uninvited: a piece of horror flash fiction about vampires.