Progress Report: April 1-14, 2018


Well, the first week of April went well, right up until the seventh, when my back tweaked, and set me, literally, on my back. From that time, right through to the end of the second week of April, things got tricky. I could only sit for limited lengths of time, so I had to triage what I could and couldn’t do. Projects of a lower priority were dropped, including the work I was doing for National Poetry Month, and both the poetry and flash fiction collections. I also dropped the 30 Days of Writing challenges by Shut Up & Write, but didn’t stop writing every day; I just had to be more focussed, so I could hit my publishing deadlines. I’m hoping to pick up some of the short fall in the third week of April, but we’ll see how we go. My back is still not a hundred per cent, so I’ll be pushing it, but very, very carefully. In the meantime, here’s what got done over the last two weeks.

Progress: April 1-7, 2018

  • New words produced: 28,466
  • Outlines and Notes: 3,792
  • Words compiled: 0
  • Works completed: 20 (10x poems, 10x flash fiction)
  • Works edited: 0
  • Covers created: 0
  • Works published: 0
  • Works released: 1 (Dreams of the Serpent)
  • Works submitted: 0
  • Competitions Entered: 0
  • Bloggery: 7,728
  • Hours at Desk—April 1-7: 53 hours 13 minutes
  • March Hours at Desk: 201 hours 43 minutes
  • February Hours at Desk: 183 hours 50 minutes
  • January Hours at Desk: 180 hours 3 minute

 

Progress: April 1-7, 2018

  • New words produced: 24,062
  • Outlines and Notes: 1,857
  • Words compiled: 26,438
  • Works completed: 0
  • Works edited: 2 (Dear Tiger: Let’s Go A-Hunting; Dear Tiger: Help Me Find My Sisters)
  • Covers created: 0
  • Works published: 2 (Dear Tiger: Let’s Go A-Hunting; Dear Tiger: Help Me Find My Sisters)
  • Works released: 1 (Dear Tiger: Let’s Go A-Hunting)
  • Works submitted: 0
  • Competitions Entered: 0
  • Bloggery: 0
  • Hours at Desk—April 8-14: 36 hours 4 minutes
  • Hours at Desk—April 1-7: 53 hours 13 minutes
  • March Hours at Desk: 201 hours 43 minutes
  • February Hours at Desk: 183 hours 50 minutes
  • January Hours at Desk: 180 hours 3 minute




















Goal Progress

Publish Fortnightly Goal: The last release for April is currently undergoing the final formatting and upload process; the rest of April’s releases have been finalised. Three of May’s six releases have been completed and sent to editing, and three more are currently being written. This goal remains on track.

April



 


















May (so far):






Short Story a Month Goal: No advances to report. This goal remains on track.
Chapter Book a Month Goal: No advances to report; this goal remains on track. Novel a Quarter Goal: No advances to report; this goal remains on track.
Publishing 3-Months Ahead Goal: This goal is not yet on track.
Finishing Series-I-Have-Started Goal: No advances to report; this goal remains on track.
Anthology Challenge
No advances to report; this goal remains on track.
Chapter-Book-Collection Challenge
No advances to report; this goal remains on track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go