First Words—August 22, 2018: C.M. Simpson

With the backlog of catching up I have to do, I’ve been neglecting my writing. Today, I began a concerted to make writing part of the daily routine, no matter what else I have to do—even if it’s only on one project. Here are today’s first words - along with the partial cover for Book 5 in the Mack 'n' Me 'n' Odyssey series:
---------------------------------------------------------------- 

Mack ‘n’ Me: The Wolves of Alpha 9


“Why bother?” Tens snarked. “Mack could always buy her another pair.”

Case tutted.

“Now, now, you know how the girl likes her boots…”

And, I added two more names to the list of people I dearly wanted to punch. They laughed at my discomfort, but ignored me, because the situation around us was changing, and they needed to focus.

“Heads up. Rohan, don’t let her do anything stupid.”

Stupid? Me? Now, why would I want to… Oh.

In my implant, I could see the sniper teams moving. Three were heading for stairwells. The fourth? Well, the fourth had slung its weapons and was coming over the wall in a way only the arach were capable of. I was torn between trying to run, or grabbing the nearest guard’s weapon and going on a killing spree.

“Easy, Cutter.” Mack’s voice, my head, and I was grateful.

Even if Barangail wasn’t a sadistic bastard, these things were. If they knew how they affected me, they’d take great delight in standing just as close to me as they could get.

“Not gonna happen,” made me wonder if Tens was standing by to grab control of Mack’s body, in the same way Rohan had mine.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Would you like to read more? 

The first three books and two short stories in the Mack ‘n’ Me ‘n’ Odyssey series: Mack ‘n’ Me: Origins, The Depredides Dance, Mack ‘n’ Me: Blaedergil’s Host, Mack ‘n’ Me: Arach and Cloud Door, are also available. The fourth book, Mack ‘n’ Me: The Transporter’s Favour will release shortly.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go