Wednesday’s Words—Death from on High

Welcome to a new segment for this year. I'll publish a single poem each week, on a Wednesday. Today's verse was written 'into the dark', and started with the first line, and the genre - and echo verse variant. You can find out about echo verses at: https://www.youngwriters.co.uk/types-echo-verse.

For those wondering where I find the inspiration, sometimes I don't feel inspired when I write and I use the challenge of writing a particular style of verse to get me started.

Here is today's poem:



Death from on High

What is it that roars on high?
Why?

I need to know what that shadow casts.
To know, though, is to breathe your last.

What is that heat that scorches rooves?
Tis fire that flies and sears and moves.

What is that curious whistling sound?
The sound of swift death too soon found.

What is that chill that creeps through bone?
Tis fear, for we are not alone.

What is that sudden urge to run?
Don’t bother, for the dragon comes.


This verse will appear in the upcoming Another 365 Days of Poetry collection. You can find my previous poetry collections: 365 Days of Poetry and 366 Days of Poetry, at most major ebook venues by clicking the links.

Can be found HERE.
Can be found HERE
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go