Wednesday's Verse - I Live

This week’s verse moves from a speculative verse about the decisions we face, to a speculative verse about a survivor. It is taken from 365 Days of Poetry, a collection of mixed-genre poetry released in 2014.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


I Live


I live.

The storm clouds riding in

do not deny me.



Harsh sun,

they blot out for me,

sheltering me.



I live.

The first rains cool my tongue,

quench my thirst,

chill me,

and revive me to celebrate.

I live.



And rescue will come soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find the first two poetry collections at the links below - although there are plans to reissue them with more genre-appropriate covers in the future. The third collection will be released later in the year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go