Update: Mack 'n' Me: The Wolves of Alpha 9

This novel is slowly reaching its conclusion. Of the 80,000 words I slated for it, it is now 80,800 words long and inside the last few thousand words. My deadline for finishing is June 15. Here is a brief excerpt from yesterday's writing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It won’t take them long to work it out.”

Tens’ voice was an unwelcome rattle in my head. “Take out the Rennet’s World wolves. Keep the children safe. Don’t let them be taken.”

Taken. I got it. Only way I could guarantee hitting a Rennet’s World squaddie and not touching the kids was if I used the sword or shot them in the head.

The two things couldn’t be mutually exclusive, right?

“Cutter…” Mack was starting to sound tired.

I wondered if he needed some milk and cookies, or maybe a sleeping buddy. Ooh, a sleeping buddy… I bet we could—

“CUTTER!” came in five shades of mortified from four different directions, but before I could respond to it, they all said one thing: “Get the Rennet’s World wolves.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, now it's time to get to today's words. Take care out there. I hope to catch you later.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go