Words from the Editing Process - Mack 'n' Me: Blaedergil's Host

 Today's words are from the second book: Mack 'n' Me: Blaedergil's Host. This edit was like the last one and took two very full days to complete. Here are some words from the last day's work:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“A ship?” but he didn’t argue, and seconds later I was torn apart in a flash of white.

I landed hard, with Tens voice in my ears.

“Start shooting.”

I didn’t ask why, but raised the Blazer and did exactly as he’d instructed.

“Now, run!”

My eyes were still adjusting from the sudden flare of white, but I ran, finding a space between the shadows and continuing to fire at anything that moved.

“Take the door on the left.”

By that stage, I could make out walls and bulk-heads.

“Where the fuck are we?” I asked, reaching for the control panel beside the door, only to have the door open up in front of me.

“You don’t want to know,” Mack replied, and I vectored towards his voice.

“Close your eyes.” Tens.

I obeyed, and the light that flashed beyond my lids would have been painful, even with the suit compensating.

“Open, them.”

The first thing I saw was Mack shackled to a wall like somebody’s idea of poster art.

“Don’t stop to admire the view, Cutter. Shoot the shackles.”

Damn. Man had a sudden surge of faith in my aim, but I was firing as I thought it, taking comfort from the thought that, if I missed, Mack could always grow it back.

“We’re gonna talk about your attitude,” Mack growled, as the first shackle blew apart, but I ignored him, and took the second shackle out, freeing his hands. He was falling even as I shot one of his legs free. The last shackle released of its own accord, and he hit the deck before I could fire a fourth time.

“Delight’s next,” Tens told me, but I was already pivoting, scanning the walls for the ice-hearted Odyssey agent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, with that, it's time for me to move on to Book 3: Mack 'n' Me: Arach...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go