Words From Day 12 - Lunar Wolves: The Unwanted

It's been almost a month since I've shared my progress on this novel...but there has been progress. I'll share the days' work and excerpts over the next few weeks. Here is the first...from Day 12.

Starting Words: 41,620

Finishing Words: 43,142

Words Written: 1,522

Other Words: 0

Other Project/Project Aspects Advanced: 1

Excerpt: In which Oliver and Lewis meet Rohim:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You’ll have to forgive me,” the man told them, “but I didn’t expect wolves.”

Oliver froze.

“I beg your pardon?”

The man paled further. He pointed at them.

“Wolves. You are wolves, aren’t you?”

“How would you know?”

“I have sniffers,” he explained. “Nanite drones that gather data from the air around a potential client. Wolf pheromones are distinctive. You’re both lupari-were crosses and he…” Here he gestured at Lewis. “…is newly formed. Not more than twelve months old.”

“Six,” Lewis informed him, ignoring Oliver’s curled lip.

The man held out his hand for the ID. “I also know who you are, but if you do have a package for me from Adele Pheron, then I’ll hold off calling Odyssey.”

Lewis gave him back his ID, and the man turned his attention to Oliver.

“So do you?”

Oliver stared at him, and Lewis knew he was deciding what to say next. Finally, he just shrugged.

“And if I do?”

The man held his hand out, again.

“Then I’d like it,” he stated, his voice firm and expression hard, “and I won’t take no for an answer.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks must go to my cover artists, from left to right: Mihaela Voicu, Jake at JCaleb Design, and Moonchild Ljilja at Fantasy Book Design.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go