Words from Days 1-2 of Writing - Lunar Wolves: The Undiscovered

It took me a while to get started on this one, and I'm behind my original writing schedule for it. I forgot balance was important and focused on working in a block. The problem with that is that each block is intensive and I can only sustain the focus for limited amounts of time, which means that I can fit more than one block of focus into a day, but I can't maintain a single block of focus for an entire day - or I can only do that rarely, so this week, I changed my routine.

You know? Part of this crazy business is learning what works for you - which is why there is no patented 100%-successful method for earning a living as a writer. I have slowly worked out that I work better in blocks, produce my best words on any single project inside the first 4,000 and then good words for another 2000, have to take downtime away from writing at regular intervals, and need to ensure I have at least 8 hours sleep a night and undertake a minimum of 45 minutes of exercise each day to work well.

Those are my current parameters. No doubt they'll shift as I move into this next work routine and see what I've missed.

But that's not what this blog is for. This blog is to share some words from the third book in the Strays of Lunar One series (which now has a new deadline...and one I'll have to work to meet. I'd like to have the first four books complete and the fifth close to complete before I start releasing the series - and that date is looming).

However, without further ado, here are the stats for the last work period, followed by the excerpt:

Day 1:  468 words

Day 2: 2,882 words

Days in Between:  15

Starting Words: 0

Finishing Words: 3,350

Words Written: 3,350

Other Words: 57,800 words and 14 blog entries

Other Project/Project Aspects Advanced: 7 projects (including 2 work-for-hire, notes, 1 LitRPG novel, 1 YA novel and 2 short stories)

Excerpt: in which Oliver and Lewis enter 'negotiations' with the She partnered to the Star Shadow's heir.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Do all Dasojin operate like this?” Oliver rumbled, then returned his attention to the girl with a snarl as she rapped his chest again.

She snarled back, as full-throated a growl as any human could manage, and Lewis found himself having to curb the instinctive rumble that rose in his chest. Aylin’s head snapped round and her snarl grew louder. Anger flamed in her eyes, and Lewis felt his wolf shrink back.

It was all he could do not to echo the movement, and she saw it. Her lip curled in a satisfied smirk and she returned her attention to Oliver, tapping his chest once more.

“As you can see, you were not astute enough to secure your transport when you needed it and that…”

Tap.

“…leaves you exactly at my mercy. I could turn you in to Star Shadow or Odyssey on a whim,” she declared. Lowering her tone, she added, “I could even hand you over to the tender mercies of Xanil Blue or Ravelin.”

Oliver lunged for her, but she slid under his hand and hammered the tip of the taser into his gut, hitting him with a burst that sent him jolting back into the bulkhead in a single well-aimed blow.

“You…” Oliver rumbled.

“Yes?” she asked, dancing back on her toes so she could keep an eye on him, Lewis and the woman currently curled on the lowest bunk.

Oliver slid down the wall.

“…have to sleep sometime,” the alpha finished, and yelped as the panel behind came to life sending another jolt through him. His back arched and he gritted his teeth against the scream wrenched from his throat.

“Indeed, she does,” Septu agreed, “but I do not.”

The current shut off and Oliver sagged back against the wall, panting against the pain. The She came to stand astride his legs looking down at him with her hands on her hips.

“I did not take you for a stupid werewolf,” she stated,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Thanks must go to my cover artists, from left to right: Mihaela Voicu, Jake at JCaleb Design, and Moonchild Ljilja at Fantasy Book Design.

 If you wish to check out the Magic Below Paris series (on the left), you can find all the necessary links here: https://books2read.com/rl/zQAlXz/

If you wish to check out the Mack 'n' Me 'n' Odyssey series (on the right), you can find all the necessary links here: https://books2read.com/rl/zRAO7G
 
The Strays of Lunar One series is yet to be scheduled for release, but remains under copyright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go