An Extract from This Month's Release: No-One Special (III) (Another 365 Days of Poetry)

To celebrate this month's release of Another 365 Days of Poetry which released on the 4th. Links to the collection can be found at: https://books2read.com/u/bo2Y0a.

 

No-one Special (III)

 

Started 24/04/2018 14:05. Left for later.

Much, much later.

This poem was completed on April 30, 2019, and assigned as the May 25 entry of Another 365 Days of Poetry. People always seem to find things about you that you cannot see. It’s beautiful, and unnerving, especially when you hold them in the same regard. We are only what we are.

 

I am no-one special.

I am only me.

I am the shadow in the corner

that no-one wants to see.

I am the moth whose beating wings

leave dust upon the glass.

I am the raging summer storm,

whose effects too quickly pass.

I am the breeze upon your cheek,

a fleeting touch soon gone.

I am the sun that’s setting

To leave you in the dark alone.

I am the footsteps on the beach.

soon erased by the new tide

I am the tolling of the bells,

whose sound echoes, and then subsides.

I am everything and nothing,

a mere blinking of the eye,

a whisper on the evening breeze,

a shadow in the night.

 

 


Cover art is by Jake at JCaleb Design, and links to 366 Days of Poetry can be found on Books2Read at: https://books2read.com/u/bo2Y0a.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go