An Extract from This Month's Release: Nothing Matters (Another 365 Days of Poetry)

To celebrate this month's release of Another 365 Days of Poetry which released on the 4th. Links to the collection can be found at: https://books2read.com/u/bo2Y0a.

 

Nothing Matters

 

Written on May 26, 2017, for Another 365 Days of Poetry, this piece was inspired by my experiences working in the Australian Public Service for Defence. Needless to say, I was remembering what had happened to me, and was a little depressed at the time. That experience was two and a half years behind me, at the time I wrote this, and I was starting to recover. Days where I felt like this were becoming rarer, and, for that, I am very, very thankful.

  

It doesn’t matter how far you run,

it will never be far enough.

  

I will find you.

  

It doesn’t matter how good you are,

you will never be good enough.

  

I know what you have done.

  

It doesn’t matter how hard you work,

it will never be hard enough.

  

Your work will be in vain.

  

It doesn’t matter how high you fly.

  

When we catch you?

You’ll never fly again.

 

 


Cover art is by Jake at JCaleb Design, and links to 366 Days of Poetry can be found on Books2Read at: https://books2read.com/u/bo2Y0a.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go