Fireborn Scenario Development - Day 2

Babes in London had a mind of its own from the start. What I had thought of as a single scenario grew into an arc which spawned more ideas along the way so, in a desperate effort to get the monster under control, I wrote a 'Plan'.

The plan consisted of turning the arc into bite-sized chunks, each of which would fit into a single session of play. This worked fine and I soon had three Acts outlined and ready for fleshing out. The only problem was, that I still had no one to play it with.

So I kept writing, and thought that maybe I would submit it to Fantasy Flight Games after playtesting the completed product. These plans died shortly after spawning when, just as the first Act was completed, Fireborn went away, and Fantasy Flight Games moved into a whole new phase of publishing.

Still liking the game, I decided I would share that enjoyment as a convention game, giving people something different to savour, but then my life moved into a whole new phase and Fireborn and its reincarnated dragons were shelved.

Recently, I thought I would like to revisit the game again, and again decided it was too long for a convention. Each session would now have to fit a three-hour time slot, instead of a four-hour slot. The whole thing would need to be rewritten.

Again.

With the playtester request to please make it a system they know well: like maybe 3.5, or 4E.

And pregenerated characters.

And running time of 2.5 hours to allow for wrap-up, intro, and players running a little late to sessions.

And not too world heavy but atmospheric.

And maybe to fit a convention theme.


And completed within the next couple of months to enable playtesting and feedback.

So now I'm not sure if I'll rework Babes itself, or if I'll write something new and shiny and short and fun.


I always did like a challenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go