Progress Report: Week 4, June 2017


They say a change is as good as a holiday, but I’m not so sure. I’ve continued moving towards becoming a professional writer, and started establishing an eight-hour writing day. It's no holiday, believe me! Everything, including my walking, went by the way side this week, but I’ll start reintroducing things over the next couple of weeks, to establish that work-life balance that everyone speaks so highly of. Part of that eight-hour a day writing thing is the inclusion of a weekend. I haven’t had one of those in a while, and the concept needs some tweaking, but I could get used to the idea.
 

Week 4 Progress

 

New words produced: 30,949
Outlines and Notes: 565
Works completed: 1 (a poem)
Works edited: 0
Covers created: 0
Works published: 0
Works submitted: 0
Competitions Entered: 0
Bloggery: 3,061
University Prep and Assignments: N/A

Writing News


I started a new novella and almost completed it, worked my way through a partial edit of August’s science fiction-fantasy novel, and compiled two volumes of short works collections.

June-July Challenge: Babes in London


Not a lot happened on this in the last week. I changed my writing routine to write or publish for eight hours a day, had a new story show its head, and tried to prioritise. Now that’s sorted, I’m getting back on track with this.

Ingress Updates


No Ingress news, this week. I focussed on establishing an eight-hour writing day, and did (mostly) pokemon on the weekend.

PokemonGo Updates


Last Friday morning, the new gym system kicked off, and I was pretty happy to earn my bronze Gym Leader medal for defending a gym, as well as my first gym badge on that day. I was a bit too busy to join a raid, as I had to be at my desk when they kicked off, but I knew there would be others.



Saturday was my first attempt at a weekend in a while. PokeGo was a good way of keeping away from the computer and going for the walk I’d been avoiding all week. I hatched another phanpy worth keeping, but still don’t have enough candy to evolve a donphan, so that one’s on my list for walking buddies, along with the diglet I hatched, since I don’t have enough diglet candy to evolve a digtrio. First-world problems, right?





















I also managed to level up to the big 3-0, and add another three gym badges from the local area. Not bad for a couple of short walks.


Priorities for Week 5, June 2017


With the new lifestyle change to take a step towards earning a living as a writer, I’ve decided to add this section to these reports, especially as I now have to start writing towards next year’s release schedule, while finalising this year’s schedule and preparing to complete my last semester of university. While there are a number of things that are becoming increasingly urgent, these are the ones I will focus on for next week:


  • Complete the formatting and upload for Ellie’s mid-July release;
  • Complete at least one more round of edits on Freeman’s Choice;
  • Establish the habit of writing 2 poems and 2 pieces of flash a day;
  • Continue Babes;
  • Establish the daily walk habit;
  • Complete Wheelchair Mermaids;
  • Chase Ellie to complete the next instalment of her current series;
  • Likewise, chase Eleanor for an update on the next Gargoyle series book due out in December.
  • Write 10,000 words of my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go