Progress Report: Week 1 August 2017
Last week, I managed to achieve all the goals I set, and then some. It was a bit of a relief. My exercise came back on line, I caught up on the class prep from the week before last, and got the class prep for last week done ahead of time for all bar one lesson. I also covered, edited, formatted and uploaded September’s first release The Starman’s Arrival, as well as finalising the pre-release for C.M. Simpson: Short Work from 2015-2016.
Week 1 Progress
- New words produced: 12,716
- Outlines and Notes: 1,874
- Works completed: 0
- Works edited: 2 (The Starman’s Arrival, Shades of Memory)
- Covers created: 2 (The Starman’s Arrival, Shades of Memory)
- Works published: 2 (C.M. Simpson: Short Work from 2015-2016)
- Works submitted: 0
- Competitions Entered: 0
- Bloggery: 3,867
- University Prep and Assignments: A lot – 8 hours of lectures (catch up and prep), God knows how many hours of reading and class prep.
Last week saw the third week of university commence – and I actually got to attend all my university classes. I also managed to prep for class AND still complete all of last week’s writing priorities, finalising the upload for both C.M. Simpson: Short Works from 2015 & 2016 and The Starman’s Arrival.
When Aggie Dormain arrives in Canberra to paint some old diggers, she does not expect to meet an out-of-work archaeologist investigating an alien conspiracy, much less to be pulled into an adventure that would give Indiana Jones a run for his money.
June-July Challenge: Babes in London
This week’s Ingress consisted of walking to and from class, with an hour in the middle of the week devoted to micro-fielding. I also managed to get an hour of walking done every day this week, bar one… and for that I was a minute short, so, that was a success on the exercise front, and I feel a lot better for it.
This week’s PokemonGo was fairly minimal, with Ingress having priority after a week’s enforced low-level play. I did, however, manage to add a new pokemon to the Johto pokedex, and hatch a few eggs, which wasn’t a bad way to round out the week.
Priorities for Week 1, July 2017
- keep up with class prep;
- finalise the format and upload of Shades of Memory;
- maintain walking fitness;
- finalise the edit, format and upload of Fate in the Sun;
- begin the edit of Army boots and Stilettos (written as Carlie Simonsen);
- continue work on Side Shift and at least Mack ‘n’ Me;
- begin writing my first 3,000-word essay assignment for completion next week.