Progress Report: Week 2, August, 2017
Week 2 Progress
- New words produced: 10,948
- Outlines and Notes: 794
- Works completed: 0
- Works edited: 0
- Covers created: 0
- Works published: 2 (Shades of Memory, Fate in the Sun)
- Works submitted: 0
- Competitions Entered: 0
- Bloggery: 2,666
- University Prep and Assignments: 25h 11m that I remembered to record (4h 51m reading and class prep, 4 h lectures, 6h contact, 1h admin, 3h research, 6h 20m travel)
Last week saw the final uploads done for the pre-orders of Shadesof Memory (an urban-fantasy thriller novel) and Fate in the Sun a science fiction short story. I also continued work on three novels, finally focussing on Side Shift, although I struggled as the novel hit a boggy patch. I’m hoping to work my way through that this week so the words return to their usual rate of 1,200 or so an hour. This week, they were down around the 700 mark.
June-July Challenge: Babes in London
No progress this week, although the section for finalising Act 3 was posted on Friday.
This week’s Ingress consisted of bare minimum walking to make up my exercise goal – and even then I fell five minutes short each day. This week, I’ll have to do better. Hacking, incidental links and fields, and blasting on the way to and from university had to suffice. This week will be much of the same, although I’ll be aiming at filling the hour properly.
This week’s PokemonGo was much like this week’s ingress—lots of incidental catches, a little bit of gym work, but all on the way to and from university. Still, I managed to catch my 200th fairy pokemon, and hatch my 200th fire-type.
Priorities for Week 3, August, 2017
This week’s priorities are as follows:
- 3,000 words of novelling a day, with a minimum of 1,000 words on any one project (and projects completed in a set order).
- finalise the cover, edit, format, and upload of Army Boots and Stilettos
- complete the rough draft of my POLS2070 essay
- keep up with class prep
- walk a full hour each day