PokemonGo: January 2018 Progress Summary

Why PokeGo?

I like walking - and I like playing games while I do. I like Pokemongo because I don't have to have my head down in the phone to play, so I get to see the birds and say hi to folk I meet on the track - and, apparently, walking is good for me. Go figure. What I hate is actually heading out the door. Having gamer goals  makes that a little easier. I can do it without the extra incentive, but I'm really glad I don't have to.

The other thing gaming while I walk does, is to help me break the cycle of going over things that make me depressed. It's hard to stay in a depressive thought cycle when your phone buzzes, and there's a new pokemon on the screen, or an old one, or a raid starting up nearby, and then there's always something happening in the way the game works. I like that; it's interesting.

And there have been a lot of new things happening in the game. I just have to write up the reports and remember to blog what I've noticed. I am well and truly behind in making those reports, but they are coming. This report is just a summary of  the month's happenings, medals earned, and pokemon caught.

PokemonGo Happenings in January 2018:
 
December saw the arrival of a whole bunch of new pokemon from Hoenn, as well as a a Holiday Event that saw more ice pokemon in the area than I've ever see before. During the 2017 Holiday event, my goal was to try and achieve my silver ice-type badge, so I was thrilled to achieve gold. I'm also happy to say that the ice pokemon have stuck around, to brave the 30-39 degree Celsius (86-102.2 degrees Farenheit) temperatures of an Australian summer, so plenty of icy fun is happening.

January also saw the first PokemonGo Community Event, with a special surfing pikachu only available for a few hours on a rather hot Saturday afternoon. That was where I saw, and caught, my very first 'shiny' pikachu. Because these guys were only graded as 'decent', I very nearly sent them off to the Professor. I'm very glad I checked what they were, before I did that. Sadly, though, they did not count as new pokemon, when caught.


 The legendary pokemon, Kyogre, also appeared in gyms around the world, but I never could find the numbers to battle it. Sad, but thems the breaks. It is a very cute pokemon, though. See?

Finally, January, saw the arrival of a second wave of pokemon from the Hoenn region, so there were plenty of new catches. This was the first time I'd been aware of new pokemon being released in waves.

New Pokemon Caught in January 2018:





New Pokemon Evolved in January 2018: 


 









 
New Pokemon Hatched in January





















Medals Earned:

In January 2018, I reached the following milestones: gold Skier, silver Depot Agent, double-gold Kindler and Fairytale Girl, and 1,000 pokemon caught for Bug Catcher and Gardener.


Goals for February: 
  • Catch 10 more tiny rattata,
  • Catch enough aron to evolve lairon into aggron,
  • Walk quilava far enough to evolve a typhlosion,
  • Hatch one egg per day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go