An Extract from This Month's Release: To the Writers of Mandatory Readings

  To celebrate this month's release of the second edition of 366 Days of Poetry released. Links to the collection can be found at: https://books2read.com/u/3n2Yv9.

 

To the Writers of the Mandatory Readings

 

Written on August 3, 2015, for the April 18 entry of 366 Days of Poetry, this piece was inspired by the many mandatory readings I had to cover for my university course.

  

Theory schmeory,

give my head a break.

I don’t need your Realism,

or Constructivism for God’s sake!

 

Literature schmiterature

from which one do I partake?

Each one is so tempting,

what’s not to love or hate?

 

And for those writers

who are concise,

whose words are clear and sharp,

I lend those bright, rare creatures

a place within my heart.

 

 


Cover art is by Jake at JCaleb Design, and links to 366 Days of Poetry can be found on Books2Read at: https://books2read.com/u/3n2Yv9.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go