An Extract from This Month's Release: A Houseful of Secrets (Another 365 Days of Poetry)

To celebrate this month's release of Another 365 Days of Poetry which released on the 4th. Links to the collection can be found at: https://books2read.com/u/bo2Y0a.

 

A Houseful of Secrets

 

Written on June 13, 2017, for the May 13 entry of Another 365 Days of Poetry, this piece is about dealing with our fears—at least, when they are all too real.

 

I would not whisper if I were you; I would not even speak.

I would close my eyes tight-shut, and I would not risk a peek.

I would not risk a peek, no matter what I heard,

not even when something touched me.

I would pray that it passed by,

for this old house is ancient.

This house its secrets keeps,

and I would keep my eyes tight-closed

in the hope that I would wake, when once I’d gone to sleep.

 


Cover art is by Jake at JCaleb Design, and links to 366 Days of Poetry can be found on Books2Read at: https://books2read.com/u/bo2Y0a.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go