Recipe - Sausage Stew and Mashed Potatoes
You will need:
2 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic granules OR 1-2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1-1 1/2 cups of frozen corn
1-1 1/2 cups of frozen peas
2 tablespoons of cornflour
1 3/4 cups of water
4-5 medium-sized potatoes
sufficient butter and milk for mashing
How to - Sausage Stew:
1. Cut the sausages into 2-3 cm or 1 inch pieces.
2. Finely slice the mushrooms
3. Melt butter in a pan and add garlic and ground pepper. Allow to simmer for a minute.
4. Add the sausages to pan and cook until brown, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
How To - Mashed Potatoes:
1. Dice the potatoes into 1-2 cm OR 1 inch cubes or thereabouts;
2. Boil the potato cubes in water until they are soft - when you can poke them with a fork and there is almost no resistance, they are ready;
3. Drain the water
4. Add butter (approximately 1 tablespoon) and milk (approximately 1/4 cup) to the potatoes and mash them until smooth.
You can serve the sausage stew and mashed potato side by side
with a side of bread
or have the sausage stew placed on top of the mashed potato and pushed a little in (which is how my little one likes it).