Progress Report: Week1, December 2017


Last week was a short ‘week’ for me, as I’ve rearranged how I do things regarding weeks. I count the first week of a month as being from the 1st of that month to the first Saturday after that date, inclusive. The last week of a month is from the Sunday before the end of the month to the last day of the month, inclusive. This means my first week of December was exactly two days long.
Friday was a very disrupted day with me dealing with a last-minute school issue, and then putting out small administrative fires as I re-tooled what I need to build into the schedule at the start of each month. Also, I got paid for my writing, which was a very nice curve ball, but still threw me as it’s still a bit of a novelty, albeit one which I’m working towards making a normal thing in the future.
Saturday I had scheduled the start-of-month tasks. The biggest one of these was uploading everything that had been published over the last 12 months to the Australian National Library, which is a legal requirement for writers here according to the Copyright Act. I had let it slide this year as I tried to get my head around university, so I had a bit of catching up to do. 29 titles later, and it’s all caught up, including the next release for this month. I also decided I would enter a competition that I’d forgotten about, and was still undecided over, so I worked through the titles eligible for that, and finalised it, as well. Now, I’m building both those tasks into the start-of-month process, so they never get to be as big, again.
Saturday, also saw me go back to the words I hadn’t gotten written on Friday, and start work on catching up on those, but it was fairly difficult to gain traction, and I was just under 4k short on my projections for the week. It also didn’t help that the story I was working went well-past the projected length and was going to carry into the next week’s writing.

December Week 1 Progress

  • New words produced: 4,259
  • Outlines and Notes: 0
  • Works completed: 0
  • Works edited: 0
  • Covers created: 0
  • Works published: 0
  • Works submitted: 0
  • Competitions Entered: 1 (19 entries across 7 categories)
  • Bloggery: 773

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go