Today's PokemonGo - Saturday, December 9, 2017

Early walking, because the family is busy, today, and I didn't know what walk-time I would get - and I was pleased to see this come up on the screen.


And I crossed my fingers, as I took my first steps out the door, that this was Niantic's way of letting us know the Hoenn release would be really soon. I even crossed my toes that it would be this morning... but I knew that was wishful thinking.

There was another new thing on the scanner, as well. This raid had two monster-heads above the gym - and I had no idea what it might mean, or even if it's just a glitch. I feel like a kid at Christmas in an ooh-what's-that kinda way, so I figure I'll go poke it and see if it rattles.

It didn't look much different from close up, either. (And, yes, of course I caught that rattata... I just haven't looked to see if it's tiny, yet.)

Hatching these two guys in quick succession should have provided some clue as to what was about to happen:




















I'd walked the first three-quarters of my walk, a sort of quick loop that passes four pokestops and that gym, and then this appears on my screen:

I was so excited, I decided to go back over the ground I'd covered just to see what I could see. I even looked for shadows on my pokefinder screen.


I was very disappointed to find NO shdows on my screen - although the blank location intrigued me. (It turned out to be a sunkern.)

I was on the last leg of my walk, when I finally saw my first Hoenn pokemon - a very sweet little skitty, which hadn't shown up on radar.


...which promptly clawed its way out of the ball and ran away <sigh>.

It wasn't until I got home that I saw my first shadow on the screen - and by then, there were things to do.


Still, there are a lot of Hoenn pokemon to catch, so I guess there's no rush. But later? Later I'ma goin' hunting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go