From Yesterday's Words #1

You know how it is, new approach, new routine. After twenty-nine years of writing, I've discovered I need to relearn what I can actually achieve in a day. It kinda creeps up on you. To do that, I identified where I wrote my best and where I started to bog down, and then changed my routine and the way I approach projects to optimize one and minimize the other.

This means I've cut down how many words I do on each project each day, but am still aiming at the same overall number of words, so now we have three projects on the boil: Mack #6, Andromeda's Pledge, and Lioma: Half-Elven. It's a new beginning so I occasionally miss one. Yesterday, I missed Mack, but did double on Pledge.

Here are the words:

Words from the Second:


Andromeda's Pledge (Chapter 2):

Joseph turned to emptying his bookshelf as he heard her returning down the hall.

“I’d pack your nicest clothes,” Casilia called over her shoulder. “I’m pretty sure they can do work clothes just fine, but pretty stuff for special occasions? Not so much.”

“I get it!” Katherine snapped, and Joseph heard his mother resume her journey.

He also heard his sister start grumbling to herself.

“Oh, sure. Pack all the books but don’t worry about clothing. No one cares about that. We can all run around nude for all anyone is going to care, but books are important. Sure. Maybe we can sew the pages together when the clothes run out!

Lioma: Half-Elven (Chapter 3):

I listened, hearing voices. Poking my head further out, I located the source—an open door twenty feet away, Elysias and Nightfall in murmured discussion. From what I could tell they were deeply engrossed in whatever it was they had to talk about.

I listened a little longer, until I figured I was the furthest thing from their minds and leaving now was my best chance of escape. I might not be able to scale the cliffs from the balcony in Nightfall’s eyrie, but there had to be another way down…some underground passage descending to the bottom of the cliff wall. Somewhere.

I only had to find it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now, those don't have covers...and won't for some time, so you're gonna have to bear with me while I stick Mack and Cutter here to avoid something random and unrelated being attached when I share it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go