Yesterday's Words #3 - Andromeda's Pledge #1, Lioma #1, Mack #6

Yesterday's words went well. I tried a new routine of doing the words before the admin, and finished them a lot earlier than I expected. It was kinda strange...but nice, definitely nice. It left me with enough time to get some admin done before dinner and the earliest night I've had in quite some time!

Now, I just have to keep it up.

In the meantime, here are yesterday's words.

Words from the Fourth:

Andromeda's Pledge #1 (Chapter 3)

The man waiting for them was a giant…at least to Joseph.

He heard an awed “Whoa!” and looked back to see his little sister staring up at the guy. “Big.”

Katherine slapped a hand over her mouth before she could say more.

“I’m sorry,” his sister said, and then added. “She’s four,” as if that explained everything.

It probably did, but the guy didn’t take offense. He was big, taller than their dad—and Stanik was six feet. This guy… Joseph narrowed his eyes, trying to guess his height.

Seven feet? Six and a half? Something like that. Either way, he was huge…and built like a bulldozer.

“Big,” the man smiled, adding “but Ivan isn’t big. He is the baby of his family.”

The smile dipped and his eyes clouded, but he quickly shook it off, and looked to Casilia.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lioma: Half-Elven (Chapter 4):

The cat blinked at me and waited until I was a few feet away before continuing its journey, and I followed, stooping to avoid touching any of the webs, and flinching away from the shrooms so as not to send the slightest quiver through them. After all, if the cat could do it, so could I.

That didn’t stop me from stopping every few steps to look around. The fact I could do it was little comfort. My skin crawled under the weight of unseen eyes and I couldn’t shake the idea the feeling came from more than just nerves.

It took me until I was well under the canopy to register the crunching.

I stopped.

The crunching stopped.

I took a step.

The crunch came as soon as I set my foot down.

I looked at the ground I was standing on, but all I saw was moss. I reached down to touch it…and felt …stone? Staring at the ground, I saw only moss.

I straightened and took another step.

Crunch.

I stopped, again. That couldn’t be right.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mack #6 (Chapter 28):


“Is there anything you can do about it?”

Tens studied the boards a little bit longer, then laced his fingers together and stretched, pushing his hands out in front of him.

“Yup,” he said, releasing the stretch and turned to Mack.

“You think Doc would let me borrow Cutter?”

“Stim her, you mean?” Mack asked, and Tens nodded, his eyes sliding in my direction.

I pushed myself to the edge of the couch, stopping when Mack reached back and laid his hand in the center of my chest.

I glared at him, “And does Cutter get a say in this?”

Mack tilted his head, giving me a sly look. “I think,” he said, “that you’re mistaking my ship for a democracy, again.”

He glanced back at Tens, unlocking the pouch at his hip. “How badly do you need her?”

Tens’s face colored. “I can’t do this without her,” he admitted.

Mack loomed over me, bending to place his forehead against mine.

“You hear that, Cutter?” he asked, capturing my eyes with his own. “Tens can’t do this without you.”

The sheer mischief in his voice made me smile, even as my heart sank.

Doc was gonna have a fit. He’d said ‘no more’, and here was Mack…



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go