An Extract from This Month's Release: Only Human (Another 365 Days of Poetry)

To celebrate this month's release of Another 365 Days of Poetry which released on the 4th. Links to the collection can be found at: https://books2read.com/u/bo2Y0a.

 

Only Human

 

Written on May 28, 2017, for the May 29 entry of Another 365 Days of Poetry, this piece is another one written from the depression that occasionally attempted to overwhelm me. I do not let it succeed, but on some days that is harder to achieve than on others.

  

The darkness in my heart

bleeds softly from my eyes.

The words scream from the page,

as silent as my cries.

My grief, it overwhelms,

as does my depression and despair.

I no longer have a heart to break,

or a soul to care.

I am no longer human,

just as the humans have decreed.

I never was a human,

though as red as they I bleed.

Further, I am nothing,

mere dust upon the wind,

my mourning but the wind’s cry,

my words now more than what it sings.

I defy them. I am different;

on that point we agree,

but I am just as human,

nothing special,

only me.

 

 


Cover art is by Jake at JCaleb Design, and links to 366 Days of Poetry can be found on Books2Read at: https://books2read.com/u/bo2Y0a.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go