An Extract from This Month's Release: Company on the Long Road (Another 365 Days of Poetry)

To celebrate this month's release of Another 365 Days of Poetry which released on the 4th. Links to the collection can be found at: https://books2read.com/u/bo2Y0a.

 

Company on the Long Road

 

Written on May 28, 2017, for Another 365 Days of Poetry, this piece reflects the crossroads at which I stood at this time, the conflict over choice, and my gratitude for those who’d walked with me and been there when I needed them, even though most didn’t know that they were. Yes, depression can last this long, but you can work through it.

 

I have walked the long road,

the one where all humans walk alone,

the one where you feel forsaken,

though you are accompanied by droves.

 

I have walked the dark path,

the one where midnight is your guide,

the one where you look forward to nothing,

but still stubbornly take each stride.

 

And I have stood beneath the sky,

the paths branching multitudinous from my feet,

the paths where the outcome is unknown,

where I don’t know how far each choice will reach.

 

And I am glad of all the paths I’ve walked,

and the company I have kept,

and the company that keeps me still,

on the long road I have set.

  

 


Cover art is by Jake at JCaleb Design, and links to 366 Days of Poetry can be found on Books2Read at: https://books2read.com/u/bo2Y0a.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go